vrijdag 3 april 2009

SSC Event #4

SSC Event #4
Thursday, 2 April 18:00 GMT
$2,000 guaranteed six-seat no limit Hold'em rebuy
990 runners, $750 starting chips, 10 minute blinds

I finally got a nice result to talk about. In yesterday´s tournament, the 6-seater rebuy, I made my first cash of the series! My good play which I showed in almost every event up till now finally got rewarded with a decent 28th place finish. Not an immensely great place yet, but certainly a step into the right direction and a result which gives me confidence towards the next couple of events! I’m sure that if I continue playing the way I did so far some more good results will follow.

I’m not gonna bore you with every hand I played and won that’s just too much, given the fact that it was a 6-seater and I played pretty aggressive all the way through the tournament a lot of pots were played almost the same. I picked up a lot of pots preflop uncontested with raises in position with marginal hands and when I got some action on my raises I picked up a large amount of pots on the flop with continuation-bets and once in a while with a good made hand. After that being said I will now walk you through some key hands that made it possible for me to get as far as I did in the tournament.

Only using 1 rebuy right at the beginning of the tournament to give me a decent playable stack right away I didn’t have any problems to make it to the first break. In the break there was a short amount of time to make a add-on to get some additional chips, but unlucky enough for me I missed out on that opportunity thanks to a little software lag! Missing this add-on meant for me that my at that point a little below average stack shrunk into a short-stack!
Being pretty pissed off about that I decided that I would go all-in on every decent hand I found. That hand being [Td Qd]vs. [Ah Kh] I was In need of some help of the dealer. Like some sort of miracle the board showed [9d 8d Qh Tc Jd] me winning the pot with a Straight Flush! The next couple of blind levels I was able to slowly build out my stack and the next big pot wasn’t played until just before the second break.

I got dealt [Ks Kc] and made a $4000 raises witch 2 players, one big stacked Idiot and the player in the BB called. On the flop [8d 8h Jh] and the others checking into me I decided that my [Ks Kc] was winning and moved all-in for my remaining $7,970 to make sure a free card wouldn’t outdraw me and pick up the pot right away. Surprisingly enough for me the player of which I already thought he was an idiot proved to be so and called my all-in with only [7d Td]!! giving him only 4 outs to win.. Lucky for me he didn’t suck out on me and I more than doubled my stack to $29.040 chips, $25.110 being the average and went into the second break with only 148 players left.

With just 70 players more needed to go out after the break it wasn’t really hard for me to make that money finish. I continued playing like I was doing whole tournament long and easily made my first cash! I even battled myself through to the 3rd Break, but not much later after that, I made one of my first mistakes of the day with [7h 4d] which did cost me my whole stack. I limped in from the SB and when the flop came [9c 8d 4s] I fired away a $30.000 bet with only about 28K behind making me pretty much committed to the pot. Unfortunately for me the first limper shoved all-in having me covered and after I called hoping he would be on a straight draw he showed [8c Ac]. The [Ad] on the turn and the [5h] on river didn’t help me and I was out in 28th place.

Maybe I could have made it to the final table with some more luck and patience but that’s just guessing. All in all a fair decent result of which I can be pretty content. Hopefully I can keep this form and make an even better result in one of the next events. Wish me Luck!

Greetz, Durdy

Geen opmerkingen: