dinsdag 31 maart 2009

Small Stakes Championship

I’ve been away from online poker for a couple of months now, but after seeing last week’s show “Lords of Poker” on Dutch Television, (RTL7 if I’m correct) I subconsciously felt the need to play some poker again. I dusted of my mini-notebook and logged on to my favorite Poker site.

As I already said I didn’t play for about one month and a half. This was because in middle February things didn’t really worked out for me in the magical world of Online Poker. I had some decent results though, but in the bigger tourney’s I just couldn’t win any coinflips or better at the important moments. I almost got myself a $1000 package for PKR Live II held in London, but my dream collapsed at the bubble going out at 8th place, with AQ vs. JJ on a AQJ Board, whilst the top 7 finishers were awarded! Man what did I feel stupid afterwards! I should have played more careful, but hey you only get better from making mistakes right?

After this disappointing result and some other even worse played tournaments from my side I decided to take a break and stop playing regularly. I cashed out 90% of my bankroll and bought some great stuff of it. I’m still in love with my IPod Touch and Notebook that much that I find it important enough to mention haha. Oow well I’m drifting off a bit.

So after seeing some poker on the telly I logged on PKR once again with the idea to play some small tournaments to get my A-Game back. I’m not going to play as much as I did before, I’m just too busy with some more important real life stuff and I promised to play one more Mohaa cup, some old game I used to be pretty much addicted to.

Well after logging in I saw there was a new thing almost ready to start on PKR. From March 30th to April 12th they are holding the SSC, Small Stakes Championship. 14 events with a hugh variety of games all for a really small buy-in and guaranteed prizes. A perfect opportunity for me, I would say, to get back into and improve my game and maybe if I play well to boost my bankroll a bit! At the point of writing this I already bought myself in for all the 14 events, giving me a maximum sized stack for an additional 15th event, a $2000 freeroll on April 19th.

Today I will be playing the first event in my imaginary “Little WSOP” Quest, the 4k guaranteed no limit Hold ’em 6 seater. I will report back daily with results and a little summary of how things went in every single event on this very same blog.
I’m off to play the first event, Wish me Luck!

Greetz, Laterz, Durdy.

Ps.
visit http://www.pkr.com/poker-community/pkr-ranking-profile.cfm?userid=1185249 to see my best results on PKR in the events i played up till now.

Geen opmerkingen: